Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

Fire My Current Attorney Bc Of His Lacking In My Case. Now I

Customer Question

Im Looking To Fire My Current Attorney Bc Of His Lacking In My Case. Now I Wanna Retain Another Lawyer But Theres A Chance This Lawyer And The One Im Looking In To Use For This Case May Both Be Acquaintance And Im Scared By Doing That Then I May Get Thrown Under The Bus. What Do I Do Please Help Me. Also Ive Shown & Proved My Innocence And Thats Still Not Enough Please Help Me
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Good morning, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Miami Prosecutor. Please note I can answer your questions for informational purposes, even though we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

I'm sorry to hear you've had to deal with an attorney not working zealously to advocate on your behalf, that is a disappointment. Have you asked the new attorney whether he is friends with the old one? He should be truthful with you.

Even if the new attorney is friends with the old, it is possible that the relationship will not affect how he handles your case; in fact, it SHOULD not. But if you suspect that either he is not being honest with you about being friends with the old attorney, or that he will not be able to be unbiased in handling your case, then I would recommend hiring a new attorney altogether, with no relationship to the old one. You definitely wouldn't want to end up in a similar situation again with an attorney doing less than their best on your behalf. Having a good attorney can make the world of difference in your case.

You can search for other attorneys in your local area using google or other popular attorney search engines such as Avvo- they allow you to view attorney profiles, and locate a lawyer that you like. I hope that was helpful, best of luck to you with this! Please feel free to let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I Havent Asked But This Lawyer I Have Now I Wanna Fire I Had Evidence Of The Man Who Swore To Police He Was 100% Sure It Was Me At My Car Saying He Was Sorry n It Was A Big Mix Up So I Show My Attorney At My Status Conference The Footage And He Took My Phone In The Conference Room With The States Attorney Mind You He Did Not Let Me Enter With Him,Then He Shits The Door Comes Out Approximately 5 Mins Later Hands Me My Cell Phone Tells Me They Are Just Proceeding To Trial And For Me To Make Him Copy Of The Video So Im Like Ok Cool Ill Be Ok Now. I Go To Make Copies At Local W****** Just To Discover My Video Had Been Deleted Not Only In My Phone But Out Of My Recently Deleted Videos And The Last Time I Saw The Video Was When I Showed Him & He Took My Phone In That Conference Room. Noway I Can Prove He Did It But I KNOW He Did It So I Get A Msg From The Law Firm Last Week Saying I Have Until Today To Provide The Copy Of That Video Or The States Attorney Wont Even Consider It. We Both Know That A Well Known Lawyers Word Is Gonna Be Better Than A X-Convicts So What Do I Do Or What Can I Do..... These Are Serious Charges And Accusations That Were Made Against Me And My Lifes On The Line And I Dont Know What To Do Or Where To Start.

Based on that information I definitely agree with your decision to hire a new attorney. I recommend doing so as soon as possible, and sharing that information with them right away. They may be able to put a curative motion on before the court, in order to bring this to the Judge's attention. Your new attorney may even be able to get a preliminary hearing, and call the Prosecutor to the stand that viewed the video to testify about what he saw.

This situation with your lawyer raises alot of concerns. Hire new counsel. When you get a new attorney, they will take care of letting the Court know that you've fired your old attorney and hired a new one. They should also take some of the steps I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

I hope that's helpful! Please rate me kindly using the stars, and we can still continue chatting in this thread free of charge to you.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our earlier conversation? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!