CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.

My son violated his University's code of conduct bu getting

Customer Question

my son violated his University's code of conduct bu getting a DUI, he has an formal appearing and I want to write a letter about his caracter, please help, he is a person with tons of school and conduct awwards during his elementary , middle, and high school years, great son who made a mistake, 0.01 over limit. He is very honest so he told the officer right away. please help
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what he is going through. What college is he at? In addition, since the DUI arrest, has he taken any steps to get help, such as counseling?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you. UGA and we are a very spiritual family so he did it through church and stopped drinking for good
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thats fine, we'll continue online

In a situation like this, you do want to show ALL the good and positive things which your son has done in the past, to show his character and what his future and goals are. Of course, everyone makes a mistake, so you want to also show the school at he has taken it upon himself, to get help and treatment and is in counseling and has learned his lesson. Moreover, this is not something that should result in him getting kicked out of school. Typically, the school will require him to take classes and try and help and educate him about the dangers of drinking and driving and the role alcohol can play in your life. The goal is to show this was an isolated incident, it was out of his character and how he does contribute and is a productive member of society.