Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

I wanted to know if you get arrested for probation volation

Customer Question

I wanted to know if you get arrested for probation volation and where in jail and your charges changed to fugitive from justice charge, are you just basically waiting for that state to pick you up. and if so how long do they have to pick you up before released
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: state this happen in is texas but charges are from ohio for child support rearings
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet , since there is no bond set
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: just that the person was working and couldnt catch a break in the state they were in and soon as they were getting back on their feet to pay fines they were arrested
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for that State Attorney's Office. I can answer your questions for informational purposes, we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship.

Yes, the change in the charge does mean that your friend is waiting to be picked up and extradited back to Ohio. He should be picked up in the coming days, it usually does not take very long for the jurisdiction that is receiving him to come by and pick him up, often times these pick-ups occur on a weekly basis.

Your friend could potentially be looking at some jail time once he does arrive back in Ohio. I would recommend hiring a local attorney in the area immediately to represent him and get to work on his case. Having the right attorney can make the world of difference. I hope this was helpful, best of luck to your friend!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Good morning, did you have any further questions after our discussion last night? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you.

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our earlier conversation? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!