Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

I received a citation for theft class c. If I pay fine on

Customer Question

I received a citation for theft class c. If I pay fine on line is it over and done with? I was about to pay online but have to plea guilty or no contest. That basically means guilt. I have former charges and don't want this enhanced. Can it be after I pay fine on line and what about my bail money getting returned. Fine is exact amount as bail
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

Yes upon payment you should be fine. Your bond should be returned to you. Be aware however, that this will be on your record so you may want to work with an experienced criminal defense attorney about getting this expunged from your record.

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. Please note that we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship, but I can assist you for informational purposes.

In Texas, a theft class c is punishable by a fine up of up to $500 and there is no possible jail time. Once you pay the fine online and enter your plea, there is no possibility of the charge being enhanced later on, your case will be closed.

Also, if your bond will be returned to you in the full amount once your case is closed, ie. once you pay the fine and enter your plea. If you used a bondsman and only had to pay 10% of your bond, that 10% will be paid back to you in full at the close of your case (the same as if you had not used a bondsman and paid the full amount). I hope this was helpful, best of luck to you!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

I hope I was able to answer all of your questions. Please let me know if you'd like me to clarify anything, or if you have any further questions. Also, please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Good afternoon, I know I was able to assist you across two websites last night, I hope I was able to answer all of your questions. Please kindly remember to leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our earlier conversation? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!