Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

My miss-demeanor was dismissed by the Kooteny courts on1 21

Customer Question

My miss-demeanor was dismissed by the Kooteny courts on1 21 2014 i've tríes to parchase a 22 rifle and the calif dept of justice declines my repuesto? My phone number is ************** please call me!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

As you have asked for a phone call, I will offer you that Premium Service and I'll process that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread.

After you accept my offer of the phone call, would you please provide your phone number? After you do that, please send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor, I believe I can help you with this. Is that your only criminal record? In that case, you should not be denied the firearm.

Was the 22 a short barrel? The state of California does not permit the sale of short barrel rifles, so that could potentially be a reason why you were denied. Absent having any other violent criminal history or felony convictions, there is no reason why you should be denied. I would suggest contacting the CA dept. of justice, providing them with your information, and requesting the details of why you were denied.

I hope that was helpful, please let me know if you have any further questions. (Also, please remember to rate me using the stars, otherwise I won't be compensated for my efforts, even though you've paid a fee to just answer. You can still post questions and receive my answers for free after you've rated me. Thank you!)

Please remember to rate me using the stars, otherwise I won't be credited for my efforts, even though you've paid a fee to just answer. You're still able to ask me questions and receive answers even after you've rated me. Thank you!

Good evening, just wanted to make sure you don't have any follow-up questions from our conversation last night? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns.

Please take a moment to leave me a positive rating using the stars, this does not come at any additional cost to you, it's just the way attorneys are compensated for their time here on 'just answer'. And you are still able to ask me any additional questions and receive answers from me for free even after you rate me. Thank you!