Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My car registration was suspended until I paid over $600.00

Customer Question

My car registration was suspended until I paid over $600.00 in "Salvage Title " fees to the California DMV for new plates from am unidentified insurance company that I did not salvage my vehicle to after settling a collision claim with them that was not my fault.
JA: Regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California sir
JA: Have you talked to a laywer yet?
Customer: I am planning to see my local legal aid office in the morning, other than that, I cannot even locate the insurance company who did this
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Pro Bono
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 5 months ago.

I don't understand how you settled an insurance claim with an unidentified company. Can you please explain further?