Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I want to know about defamation cases, i am in canada but

Customer Question

i want to know about defamation cases
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state you're in?
Customer: i am in canada but the case is in america - arizona i believe. it is about the
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: probably just history about the site. there are two different companies that are associated with the site and many people sue the wrong one and apparently the freedom of speech act in america often overrides motions towards the site
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question about the AZ law on defamation (or libel which is the written form of defamation)?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i want to file a lawsuit against a J*** D** defendant and serve discovery (i.e. a subpoena to to obtain identifying information related to the person who submitted the content to the website, and then sue that person.
Thank you for your reply.
Okay, it is possible for you to file suit against J*** D** and then obtain a subpoena to the website for the account information and IP address of the account you are seeking. What is your question for us about this?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well, how would i go about it? i live in canada and the site is american
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, you would need to engage a local attorney there and state law forbids any expert from this site from representing you in any matter. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, or
You may contact customer service at to ask for a refund of any deposit if you like or at***@******.*** or you can call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####