Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am 18 years and recently received a summons to court for

Customer Question

I am 18 years and recently received a summons to court for underage possession of alcohol.
I have a perfect record including in driving, however I did admit to the summoning officer that I possessed the alcohol.
What are my options to expunge / remove the summons from my record, if at all?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Based upon what you shared above, as a first time offender, you would want to ask the prosecutor when you appear in court, if they have a diversion program you can enter into, to try and get the case dismissed. If they do and you successfully complete it, you can then proceed and have this expunged from your record. If you admitted to this and/or do not have any defenses to raise, this could be the best way and chance you have of getting this dismissed and then expunged.