Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I was arrested a couple of months ago for shop lifting. I

Customer Question

Hi, I was arrested a couple of months ago for shop lifting. I had no intention to shop lift and was a mistake. Case was dismissed. I have no criminal records whatsoever. All my adult life, I have only worked, filed taxes every single year since 2009, supported my family including parents (They are in my tax returns as dependents), and have been a good person. At where I work, I am being trusted with cash and payments from customers every day (Responsible to run this business). I have never been accused of any wrong doing. I just recently filed to seal my record. Judge accepted and granted a hearing on Sep 13, 2016 to hear my case. However, I need my record be expunged instead. Please advise how should I proceed. Thanks
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with tonight. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

Unfortunately, the best you can do is to get your record sealed. Massachusetts has no provision for expungement convictions except for one rare circumstance which does not apply to you. Expungment is only permitted in Mass. for erroneous convictions in situations such as identity fraud. So you will only be limited to getting your record sealed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?