PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm really stressed out about someone whom I was dating for

Customer Question

I'm really stressed out about someone whom I was dating for 2 years all of a sudden stopped talking to me and as I'm calling and calling them for two days there making a police report. Not saying anything to me directly or anything. I notified this person I would be requesting a DVRO days before he filed the cho. The courted granted my TRO but denied his. I have recorded threats to kill me and my family on my answering machine. I'm scarred of this person. I think he planned this out. His hearing for OSC is coming up and I was served as was he but by the sheriff. Do I have anything to worry about.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulties. I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Do I have anything to worry about.

Response: Yes, you do, unfortunately. If this person has made death threats against you and members of your family, you need to make sure that you inform the Police immediately and be sure to go to the Courthouse with someone for your protection.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's not what o mean. Do I have to worry about losing to this guy. I'll bring someone with me and let them know right when I get there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
this guy has ptsd too

Thank you for the clarification:

Response : You should always worry about a Court case. The Court would make a decision based on the evidence presented and the credibility of the parties. Because I am not not privy to the evidence the other party would bring to the Court, I cannot speculate on the outcome of your case.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well sir I have the evidence in front of me. I have a DVTRO and he is requesting a CHRO and requested a temporary one until the the case but was denied the temporary and I was ordered an OSC hearing. I have never threatened this person. We were dating for 2years and on memorial he stopped talking to me which at the time was odd so as I'm calling for two days wondering what's going on he's filing a police report. He never said don't call or that he's breaking up with me or anything. Still to this day has said nothing. Except I have a text from 4/20 and a text at the end of June threatening to kill me and my family. I accidentally saved them. So as I was trying to tell him I was getting a hold of him to just make sure we were civil. I wanted not to be his friend but not his enemy either. We live 4 minutes from one another so I wanted to just be civil. He gets drunk and says stupid things and I wanted to not be subject to it. I truly don't want to tell the courts of these texts and voicemails because j never wanted to get him in trouble but he left me no choice. I hope the courts just grant me the RO and deny his.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
His order simply says I went to his work and had to be removed by the police which is untrue. I sat in my car for 30 min and he never asked me to leave or came out. I just sat there quietly and the cops came and I left. And it also states multiple calls and texts. That's it. Of course I called him he was my boyfriend. I have not since been to his work whic I would always do to bring him lunch or whatever nor have o called him since June.

Based on the additional information that you have provided, you should not worry about losing to him assuming that you tell the Court all these things that you have posted on the thread here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have one more question. I've been trying to format my response to the order like with points and authorities and reasons why his order should not be granted under the law ..., it's not a very easy thing seeing as how I'm not an attorney. Do I need to do all that. Or should I simply answer the form provided with no attachments and motions ???

You should simply answer with the form provided. However, if you have any evidence that you think the Court should look at, it would be prudent to attach it to the form.