Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
18210975

I was supposed to pay 5000 for alominy, judge ordered it and

Customer Question

I was supposed to pay 5000 for alominy , judge ordered it and I payed 4250. The order stated if not paid bench warrant issued for 72 hours. I have a minor child who lives with me he is 17. Can they lock me up? Actually they broke in my house with the warrant and I got away. I'm on the run, n my son is scared
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Pa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I guess on Tuesday that's when they came to my house
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No I'm struggling a bit with money
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today.
By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

The police can absolutely lock you up if they have a warrant. I suggest you contact a criminal defense attorney immediately and find out exactly what you need to do to take care of the warrant.

I hope this helps.

If you valued my time, please consider rating me positively at the top of the page. Experts don't get credit for our answers until you do. If you have further questions, please continue to ask them until you're completely satisfied.
DISCLAIMER: This is not legal advice and I am not your lawyer. My questions are based on my knowledge of the jurisdiction where I am admitted to practice, my experience on this site over several years, and research on the relevant laws and statutes for your jurisdiction, if any. My information is not advice and you should always speak to local counsel before you act.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Will they rescind it if I pay whatever it is I need to pay

Sometimes, attorneys can make a deal where they will rescind the warrant if you pay. That's why you should talk to one ASAP.

Michael

Michael