How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PhillipsEsq Your Own Question
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 19024
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
PhillipsEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a kitchen supervisor at a jail in the state of

Customer Question

I am a kitchen supervisor at a jail in the state of Virginia. My nephew received house arrest on August 18 2016. I want him to live with me. Should I talk to his probation officer about a transfer?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 10 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about you nephew's arrest.

Does your nephew have an Attorney?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No he broke probation a while he is at a house in Gloucester where he last reside at. I live in Newport News and he wants to live with me. I feel I can keep a better eye on him and also I'm connecting a job for him in my area.
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

Yes, you can speak with his Probation Officer to see if he can serve the house arrest at your place.