Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I live in PA. I was arrested for a DUI. they took me to the

Customer Question

I live in PA. I was arrested for a DUI. they took me to the hospital for a BAC test. They then told me it was over the limit and lest me at the hospital. I have 2 questions. First how long does the blood test take to come back. 2, Can the police leave me unaccompnied at the hospital.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

1. If the blood test was done at the hospital, it can come back very quickly --- within hours of the test being taken.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

2. If you were placed under arrest, there should be an officer at or near you until you're booked and released on bond, etc. I don't know how unaccompanied you were, or for how long, but it likely doesn't have anything to do with the blood test or the results.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

That said, the good thing about a blood test dui is that they're easier to beat in court because, in order for the prosecutor to get a conviction, the state must call every person that was involved in the blood testing process to create a chain of custody of what happened to the blood from the time it left your body to the time it was tested in the lab.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Often, all of the people aren't subpoenaed for court, and if there's a break in the chain of custody, it certainly could raise enough doubt for the court to find in your favor.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Thus, you should consider reaching out to a local DUI lawyer and discuss your case and possible defenses to the charge, given that it is a blood test-based dui.

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also please take time to positively rate our conversation. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 3 months ago.

Hi - I was checking in to see if you need anything further. IF so, please let me know. If not, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!