PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My 10 year old granddaughter has accused her stepfather of

Customer Question

My 10 year old granddaughter has accused her stepfather of touching her in her pantis do children often make these things up
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No we have had the stepfather removed and story stays the same
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Her sleeping arrangements changed and she gets very emotional and Cry's when talking about it
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read that your granddaughter may have been molested by her stepfather.

I am preparing my response to your post and I will post it very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

Response: No.

If she is emotional talking about it, it is prudent to get her to speak with her therapist.

Have you or the mother filed complaint with the Police?