David Stewart
David Stewart, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

A police officer entered a home that was red tagged by the

Customer Question

A police officer entered a home that was red tagged by the health dept. Is he allowed to do that.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  David Stewart replied 3 months ago.

A police officer would need to be able to establish he had probable cause to enter the home and I would expect a court would find that a "red tag" by the health department depending on what it was for is likely sufficient probable cause for entry. I hope this helps, David. If you have any follow up on this please do not hesitate to ask.

If you do not have any follow up on this question please take a minute to rate the response so I may be able to obtain credit through the site. Thank you, David