Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Im on probation for a dui, i am not a drug user but hooked

Customer Question

im on probation for a dui, i am not a drug user but hooked up with a girl who sniffs cocain.. we made out and my mouth went numb, and not to offend anyone she put it on her tong and went down on me, she said it helps her and would help me last longer.. i took a urin test the next day and im afraid i faild. she told me i wouldnt that im parinoid but im wondering what to do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you. Yours is by far the most unusual question I've heard all day! I see your question..."what do I do"? You could contact the agency and ask them to retest you - and explain why... It largely depends on whether you're willing to repeat this story to them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thats it? it would be my first failed urin test, do i get one free be or am i going to jail?

That largely depends on what your plea deal says. Does it say that if you fail ONE you go back to jail? Have you been contacted by your probation officer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no but i see him tomorrow, can you please give advice? tell me what do do or expet.

He will ask you what happened. You'll need to explain your story to him in as much detail as you recall then ask him to retest you in a couple of days. Does that make sense? He's well within his rights to say no but honestly, at this point, all you can do is cross your fingers and beg for leniency.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
do most probation officcers ignore first failed test? been clean on all others. im just really scared and with my anxiety panic dissorder i cant go to jail.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I can't really tell you what "most" probation officers do - I don't have a sample size on which to go. Your story is unusual and presumably a very uncommon way for cocaine to get into your body - so you can at least argue that you should be retested... There's no "free first fail" if that's what you're asking.