Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My nephew was released from jail with anklet gps monitoring

Customer Question

My nephew was released from jail with anklet gps monitoring system. He cut the anklebracelet and ran away. What can we do for his ankle bracelet.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: florida
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He did not appear in court for that. he also has another court date on 24th and i think he will not appear. He is on the run. He was in jail for domistic violence and for stalking his wife.
JA: Because criminal law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: florida
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Are you asking what to do with the ankle bracelet that your nephew cut off and left behind?

Do you have the ankle bracelet in your possession?