Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I just received a voice mail that told me that I have an

Customer Question

I just received a voice mail that told me that I have an aggravated complaint againist me in my county I have no idea what this is
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I just received it what is an aggravated complaint
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't know what this is
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This is not likely legitimate as law enforcement generally doesn't call to inform you of a complaint or charge against you. Instead, if it is a criminal case, you're served a warrant; if it is a civil case, you're served a summons. So, this is likely some attempt to gain access to your personal information, etc.

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

The best thing you can do is consult with your local court clerk's office and see if there's been anything filed involving you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have been getting a lot of phone calls that I do not know who they are I do not answer them. this one left me a message that I needed to call right away so you think that I can just ignore it
Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

The best thing you can do is call the court clerk's office, ask if there's anything filed against you, and if not, block the calls.

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 10 months ago.