Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I just received a voice mail that told me that I have an

Customer Question

I just received a voice mail that told me that I have an aggravated complaint againist me in my county I have no idea what this is
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Minnesota
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no I just received it what is an aggravated complaint
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't know what this is
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

This is not likely legitimate as law enforcement generally doesn't call to inform you of a complaint or charge against you. Instead, if it is a criminal case, you're served a warrant; if it is a civil case, you're served a summons. So, this is likely some attempt to gain access to your personal information, etc.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

The best thing you can do is consult with your local court clerk's office and see if there's been anything filed involving you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been getting a lot of phone calls that I do not know who they are I do not answer them. this one left me a message that I needed to call right away so you think that I can just ignore it
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

The best thing you can do is call the court clerk's office, ask if there's anything filed against you, and if not, block the calls.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.