Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My son has an assault charge, he is only 20 years old. He

Customer Question

My son has an assault charge , he is only 20 years old. He was fired without being told, due to problems with a manager. Which has a ex brother in-law working on the same store and was stealing parts and money and my son told upper management. Her excuse was he has too many absentces which they knew because he has to go see his parole officer. Now everywhere he apply they all turn him down. Is there any ways a charge can be lowered? The lawyer i got never told us any of this and told us the 2 year probation and anger management classes where a good thing to take.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did he plead guilty? What were the specific terms of his probation as far as any deal to dismiss upon completion of his sentence?