Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am being charged with dui, dui drugs x 2 aggravated,

Customer Question

I am being charged with dui, dui drugs x 2 aggravated, possession use marijuana, produce marijuana possession use of marijuana, and driving on a suspended, revoked license. What are my options.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Arizona
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet, but I spoke with a duty lawyer.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Should I get an Az medical marijuana card to help my case?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Do you want to fight this or try and resolve it? Do you have any priors?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just a dui drugs in az for having marijuana in my system which stays in your system for 30 days, no actual impairment, just like the one I got recently.

Thank you for your reply. Your options are to either take a plea deal and try and resolve this or go to trial. If you go to trial, you need and want to have defenses to raise. Based upon what you shared above, there are a lot of charges against you, so in order to walk away, you would need the jury to find you not guilty, on all of them. The most serious are the DUI charges since if you are found guilty on those, may result in jail time. As such, if you can work out a plea deal that may involve probation, you can consider it, especially if they have a strong case against you.

If you can also obtain a valid license, the State may consider dismissing the the DWLS and Revoked charge, as part of a plea deal also.