Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I have recently found out that my accountant was charged

Customer Question

I have recently found out that my accountant was charged with serious fraud some years ago and sentenced to 8 years jail suspended for 5 years ( And easy to Google for all to see ) I was the CEO of the company and recently retired but remain a director and shareholder.
This offence was brought to my attention by one of my customers who is concerned.
How do I handle the situation
Thank you
Graeme
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The bot***** *****ne is that if this person served his sentence and has been reinstated from his suspension, etc., then he can perform the work that he's been tasked with doing...and hopefully, he learned from his mistake and will be the straightest arrow going forward.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

But, it is likely that the company be notified of the situation and the administrators should meet with the accountant about this issue, discuss the matter openly and honestly, and then determine if company is comfortable with going forward with this person.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 months ago.

That's really all you can do at this point.