Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Ive been told people on probation are not allowed tohang out

Customer Question

Ive been told people on probation are not allowed tohang out with other felons or people who. Have been. In prison is this true in utah
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Yes. That's a standard requirement for probationers all over the country. Probation looks to keep probationers out of situations where they might be tempted to reoffend. Probationers are expected to avoid other people with criminal records. To socialize with known offenders can be a technical violation of their probation.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for checking in on me.
I was told a couple months ago they changed the law in utah concerning association with other past people w felonys. Who had served their time. I just needed to know if that was not true
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 3 months ago.

Probation has always been able to dictate who a probationer can associate with. You have to look to your specific agreement with your probation officer. It is still legal, even in Utah for probation to require that a probationer avoid people who are using drugs and/or alcohol or who have been convicted of a felony.