Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I a the trustee of my aunt's estate and found paperwork that

Customer Question

I a the trustee of my aunt's estate and found paperwork that describes in detail the the neighbor (contractor? ) received over 266.000. From my aunt for working on her house, some of the money was loans ( she recorded everything). He did not do a great deal of the work and did not puschase many items she paid him to purchase and install.there is a judgement from our local courts but we have found he way overcharged and discovered other services he claimed he provided but did not do.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I am working with her lawyer regarding her estate but they don't seem to interested in going after him either via the IRS or criminal route. She passed in late April and I have discovered binders of docs describing all the work and items paid and if you were to walk through her house you would be amazed at not only what wasn't done but the substandard job that was preformed.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: He has so many liens on his own home, including one from the IRS that at one time he laughed and told my aunt to "get in line"
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He made the local paper years ago for taking a clients money and refused to return it.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

How long ago were these contracts entered into or this work allegedly performed?

.

Did she actually sue the contractor and get a judgment or someone else did?

.

.

thanks