Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience
16823287

Is it in the best interest of the child for a biological

Customer Question

is it in the best interest of the child for a biological parent who is charged with 195.05 and harmful neglect to underage children on three counts for three children to raise her children if in fact she continues living with the non biological parent that was using the illicit drugs, excessive corporal punishment , who pleads guilty to harassing her family members by violating his order off protection
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NY the other neglect charge is in ga
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not a criminal lawyer
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: can a childrens social worker or other children's professional be charged with harmful neglect if he recommends removing children from the unsafe environment in a report to the state and the commissioner removed and then places them back into the the same unhealthy dangerous environment as reflected in videos of the home
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 9 months ago.

Q. is it in the best interest of the child for a biological parent who is charged with 195.05 and harmful neglect to underage children on three counts for three children to raise her children if in fact she continues living with the non biological parent that was using the illicit drugs, excessive corporal punishment , who pleads guilty to harassing her family members by violating his order off protection

ANS: No. This matter should either be reported to child protection services or the other parent or another related person such as a grandparent should apply for custody of the child.

2. can a childrens social worker or other children's professional be charged with harmful neglect if he recommends removing children from the unsafe environment in a report to the state and the commissioner removed and then places them back into the the same unhealthy dangerous environment as reflected in videos of the home?

ANS: Failure to place a child in proper protective custody can give rise to a negligence lawsuit against the agency. See this link.