Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.

I was sentenced to 3 years of probation for assault in

Customer Question

I was sentenced to 3 years of probation for assault in Texas. I completed my sentence at my home here in Montana. The crime was a felony. May I purchase and own a firearm in Montana?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

No. A felony is an automatic disqualification under federal law from owning, purchasing, or using a firearm.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.