Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I got a littering ticket went to court but guilty with an

Customer Question

I got a littering ticket went to court but guilty with an explanation received fine and community service I've now missed my date to finish the community service and have a warrant
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when was the warrant issued?
Customer: Felt I was rushed through like a cattle at Court should have pled innocent
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I was in the middle of being pulled over which caused me to to discard what was in my hand and pull over. I don't know why that was my reaction but that is what it was
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, now you plead guilty, you are not going to be able to change the plea. However, if you show up in court with a good cause explanation to the court for not finishing the service time and ask for a little more time to do so, most every judge will agree to give you at least another 30 days to finish. You have to get to court as soon as you can and appear before the judge though and you need to have a good cause reason for not being able to get the time done and they will extend the time and withdraw the warrant.