Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.

I am on felony probation. I need to modify to be able to

Customer Question

I am on felony probation. I need to modify to be able to stay with my 90 yr old Mother. I also have a family, husband+2 children. Probation officer approves. How do I do this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Contact your lawyer and get him to file a motion to modify the terms of your probation. The big thing here is that probation approves of your plan. Given that, getting permission from the court would typically just be a formality. As long as probation is standing behind you, judges will generally defer to probation.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.