Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Thank you. what is the percentage that a violent offender

Customer Question

thank you. what is the percentage that a violent offender have to serve
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: in louisiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: its not for me, just want to know how long someone else will have to serve
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Like?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 4 months ago.

Hi:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

When you refer to "percentage" an offender has to serve, you are referring to truth-in-sentencing laws. Truth-in-sentencing laws rely on the offense the person was convicted for (i.e., the exact crime). You haven't provided the exact offense, so it makes it difficult to answer your question.

Would you happen to know the exact offense this person was convicted of and sentenced for?