Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My husband recently got into a altercation. He walked across

Customer Question

My husband recently got into a altercation. He walked across the parking lot to talk to someone who lost their temper and hit him first. Is my husband at fault for crossing the parking lot to talk to him? is this considered being the aggressor?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you know who owns the lot?
Customer: Oregon, the lot is family owned
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

When it comes to assault based offenses, the facts of the case (i.e., the circumstances surrounding the alleged assault) are very important. This is because only a full picture of the facts surrounding the incident will allow for a clear and concise conclusion as to who the "aggressor" in a given scenario is or if the "aggressor" was acting in self-defense.

With this in mind, can you provide a little more details regarding the incident?

It looks like you made a phone call request. Unfortunately, I'm being informed that "payment for this service failed" (sometimes that happens when the credit card company does not recognize

Nonetheless, I am more than happy to continue discussing here via this Q & A or, if you'd like, I can give you some time to handle the payment failure issue. Just let me know which you would prefer!