Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience

We are thinking of writing a letter to the Academy boss to

Customer Question

we are thinking of writing a letter to the Academy boss to see if he could attend despite the misdemeanor, because of his young age. He really wants to serve and join FT. Worth Tx. police dept. He is a good kid with no bad habits and would make a good officer, I just do not know who to write to, can you advise please
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What was the misdemeanor for? Also, it is up to your son to write his own letter explaining the situation and not up to you to write. If it comes from you it would end up in the garbage, if it comes from him they at least will consider it?

Also, has he tried to get the conviction vacated?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

thanks for that, he is working on it. I did not know how that worked.

Did you have any further questions?

P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.