N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983

My nephew is on parole for a prior gun conviction..can he be

Customer Question

My nephew is on parole for a prior gun conviction..can he be charged as an armed habitual off an old picture found in his phone that appears to be a gun?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Prenuptial agreements are valid in the state of Colorado but they have to meet certain requirements under the Uniform Prenuptial Agreement Act (UPAA), which is a set of rules governing the enforceability of prenuptial agreements. Colorado passed the UPAA in 2014. See link for full description of prenuptial agreements and their requirements in Colorado:

Prenuptial agreements can also address debts during the marraige and limit the liability of each spouse for the other's debts. See link for confirmation:

So, to answer your questions. you can have a prenuptial agreement and in that agreement, you can limit each spouse's exposure to the other's debts. The advice you received was not correct, so you can keep your ring on for now.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will ensure that I will be compensated by the site.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 months ago.

New Expert here.

Does the picture depict him holding a firearm? Can you tell on what date the picture was taken?