PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Looking for a lawyer for my son. He got charged for unlawful

Customer Question

looking for a lawyer for my son. He got charged for unlawful sex with a minor. He is 22 and he said the girl ended up to be 16. They were texting each other for over a week and she lied to him by saying she was 18 and had her own place. He still has all the text messages when they first started . Just worried
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no trying to do some research. he moved out of Ohio not knowing they charged him. I know he has to take care of it but I also think she should be held accountable for the lies.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Just wondering if this could be beat with all the text messages we have. I don't want a sex offender on his record or register as one.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 2 months ago.

Hello: If he did not know that he was 16 and he has text messages from her lying about her age, then that would be a valid defense.

Unfortunately, this site does not offer legal representation. However, you can use the following sites to find local criminal defense Attorneys:

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.