Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years experience
16823287

Is there any way of knowking if a picture of a legal

Customer Question

Is there any way of knowking if a picture of a legal document I received is real or fake?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Yes. You can compare that picture to the one on file with the court system, especially if the court gives certified copy of the original it has on file.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What if it has not been filled in court yet?This is the pic I got?
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

The document looks to be real; but is missing the judge's signature and date. It is unclear whether this was signed by the Martin J. Clarke. So, you would need to make an appointment with Mr. Clarke's office and take this in to see if he in fact signed this or if someone else just typed this up and forged his signature. You may even be able to call them and fax this in for a verification. Also, this is pending signature from a judge, then it should be on file with the court clerk's office.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. What does the archive stamp and the other stamp mean?
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Archive means its was sent to a long term storage area. The other stamp appears to be the date of July, 20 , 2016.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The story received was that it was archived at the US attorney's office and not filled with the court? Is that possible? Could the attorney just be waiting to file it at a later date?
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Yes, that makes some sense also. Since it says it was archived, it may mean that the US attorney does not intend on filing it with the court.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Interesting.Is there anything on the document that may make you think it is a fake?
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

No. But, it would not hurt to verify the signature or to cross reference it with the original one on archive.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The seal of the justice department, are all applications with search warrants stamped with that?Is there a way to verify the signature online?
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

1. No...some are and others are not. See this link.

2. Not that I am aware of. But, I would need to do some research to find out.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please check for me.Also, if it is an ongoing investigation, would the US attorney be obligated to tell me the truth or could he lie?
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Please accept the offer that I have sent so I can get started....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can I just tip you the same amount at the end?
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Please contact customer service at 1.***-***-**** to see why there is a payment failure...