Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I am applying for a Insurance Property and Casualty General

Customer Question

I am applying for a Insurance Property and Casualty General Lines License in Texas. When I was a minor, (15) I had a misdemeanor deferred adjudication. I served probation and was informed that it would be expunged from my recaord and would not need to disclose it. I directly asks if I do. I'm not sure how to answer.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Any criminal records from the time when you were a minor are considered Juvenile Records. They are sealed and can not be accessed legally. You are permitted to answer NO to any questions pertaining to such records because the law views them as closed records.

Only arrests and convictions as an adult may be asked about.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Here is the Texas law on the subject:

http://www.tjjd.texas.gov/programs/famcode_records.aspx

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)