Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I gave my gun to a officer after my wife said she wanted me

Customer Question

I gave my gun to a officer after my wife said she wanted me locked up. The Officer said he was not. I was leaving the house when the Officer pulled up. I could not lock the door so I went into the house to get my gun. I laid the gun case on the ground and walked toward the officer and told him that a gun was in the case. I told him why I had the gun. I asked the officer to take the gun and he said I could get it back. After two months they tell me I cannot have my gun back because of a battery chare in 2009
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this? Are you asking if your battery charge from 09 is a basis to deny your gun rights?