How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3095
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a complex question about admitting to committing

Customer Question

I have a complex question about admitting to committing perjury
JA: What state is this in? And have any charges been officially filed?
Customer: CA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: But this was in 2008 and I was 16
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My stepfather was deported due to a false police statement I made and I want to help him clear his name and admit my crime
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

To clarify, are you asking if you could still be charged? And/or what the sentence might be?

Related Criminal Law Questions