Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience

I was cited peaing in public place in Bethesda. Is it a

Customer Question

I was cited peaing in public place in Bethesda.
Is it a crime in md or demeanor charge
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Maryland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

This is considered a "Nuisance" Offense. Depending o how you were charged you are looking at a fine of either $1000.00 or $500.00. Urinating in public place by adult is a violation of the health code He §5-503 under which a fine of $500.00 can be imposed. Or you can be charged under Md. Ann Code Article 32-17 A with a penalty of 1000$. While it is a crime (misdemeanor) it is considered a low level offense. If you contact the prosecutor you can probably plead and receive a deferred sentence - meaning that if you pay a fine and serve 6 months to a year probation the charge can be dismissed.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,