Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I have a WARRENT because I didn't answer s charge it's pre

Customer Question

I have a WARRENT because I didn't answer s charge it's pre deterred bond is $20,000 can I turn myself in and pay bail without going to jail .. Will the amount increase because I didn't answer WARRENT in nj
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can turn yourself into the court and the court can grant you bail instead of sending you to jail. I would not advise doing this without an attorney, because your attorney can make sure they arrange bail and that you will not go to jail whereas if you just walk into court there is always a likelihood the judge will send you to jail to wait a day or two before bringing you in for a bail hearing. With an attorney, most times they can have bond set and you pay and leave without going to jail on the warrant.