Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My son was incarcerated for 13yrs. released and transferred

Customer Question

My son was incarcerated for 13yrs. released and transferred to Ga. on parole. His probation was over August 28, 2015. However, a week before his time was up, he was locked for violation of the parole. He was told that Texas had sworn out an arrest warrant for him. So he spent two or three weeks in jail, then transferred back to Texas. When he went to court in Texas, they let him go because there was no warrant or crime he had committed.
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My question today is , he was told that he can be compensated for the time he was locked up and had not committed any crime. Although he lost his job at the time the company did rehire him?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
Hello again. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
You just asked the same identical question before, and I answered it, and you rated it. Did you simply want a second opinion from someone else, or, did you need a follow up, etc? Please let me know.