PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I was stopped at the Miami international airport because

Customer Question

I was stopped at the Miami international airport because they suspected that I had a duplicate passport. How can I prove that I am the original owner of the passport and if in fact there is a duplicate passport with my data, the other person is the fraud.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 3 months ago.

You should go to U.S. State Department, Passport office here in Massachusetts and tell them of the issue that you are having so that they can review the record and check if anyone has been issued a duplicate Passport using your information. They can revoke that duplicate Passport if there is one and then inform immigration that your Passport is not a duplicate.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.