AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience

Can I be a childcare provider if I got convicted of a felony

Customer Question

Can I be a childcare provider if I got convicted of a felony for fraudulent use of a debit card device
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience, and I can assist for informational purposes.

In the process of obtaining the license, you will have to obtain a criminal record review.

If there are any crimes that show up, it the department of licensing will then hold a review to determine if based on the conviction, you pose a threat to the safety or welfare of children.

On the surface, the crime does not appear to have anything to do with posing a threat to children. The only way I can imagine that it could be argued that it would pose a threat to children, would be as it relates to propensity for honesty or dishonesty.

Has that answered your question?

Hi, I see that you have viewed my response but not stated if I answered your question. Please reply and state if I have answered your question, or if you have followup questions, you can go ahead and ask them. If not, kindly give me a positive rating. Thank you.