N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

It is possible I may be charged with property damage not

Customer Question

It is possible I may be charged with property damage not sure what degree. What may be the bond for this in Missouri
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There wasnt any damage to the automobile but was caught on a camera
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Please tell me which Coiurt this woukd be in and I can look to see if it has a published bail schedule.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jefferson City Cole County court in Missouri
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is the published bail schedule for? Can you also see how much bail will be for 1st degree property and 2nd degree property because im not sure which one I could possibly be charged with.

It is not posted on line.

http://prisonhandbook.com/2798/cole-county-jail-jefferson-city-mo/#bail-bonds

states:

You have to call the Cole County Jail or the County Courthouse. If know the person’s info, including name, address and date of birth, they will tell you what their bail is set at. You can also find out how much their bail is online.

You could call a local bail bond company and they will have a copy of the bail schedule.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That person is me. I dont even know if I have a warrant or not I was just told that the police was called and looking for me. How can I see if there is an active warrant

You can call the police or Sheriff to see if there is an active warrant.

If there is, it is common to have aa attorney arange for your peaceful surrender on the warrant with an immediate bail hearing and a bail bond company lined up.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will the police or sheriff tell you if there is a warrant or not

The Sheriffs have always told me, I cannot guarantee what they will do in your location. But this is a pretty routine type of phone call for them to get. Sometimes people have an attorney or friend call them.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if I have a friend call about my warrant they will tell them if I have one or not. What is expected after that
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was never served with any papers so arr they required to find u and serve u. I was never notified

If there is a warrant you should consult a local attorney.

You can get a free consultation from some of the local attorneys listed here.

If a warrant was recently issued it usually takes at least a few days to serve it, and it is generally better to arrange for a peaceful surrender than to get nabbed at midnight on a Friday when there may not be a judge available to set bail. I have seen warrants executed at the most inconvenient time imaginable for the arrestee. So, I am not allowed to give legal advice, but I think every lawyer in the US would say, if there is a warrant, arrange for a peaceful surrender.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
just to make sure they will actually tell a friend if I have an active warrant if a friend calls the sheriff's office. Do I call sherrif's office, police office or cole county clerk office which will be best
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible that there could be a warrant and they not tell.

That would be very unllikely to happen with a misdemeanor warrant or most felony warrants.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What is unlikely to happen? Because I ask two different questions?

It is unlikely they would not tell you if there is a warrant. You can call the Court Clerk or the Sheriff or the police, I usually call the Sheriff.