Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  13 years experience in criminal law, BA in criminal justice
20355756

My friend is in WA and waived the extradition to CA and they

Customer Question

My friend is in WA and waived the extradition to CA and they put no bail. What happens now?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: He is being held for California in Washington
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet. Trying to find good options for him
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: He is being held for fugitive 4999 for bulgary case which his friend caused while he borrowed his car
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 4 months ago.

Hello there --

-

In an extradition case like this, there is generally never any bail set and your friend must wait in WA until the CA authorities come up to pick him up. Depending upon schedules, that could take anywhere from a week to a month (but he does get credit for any time served on the sentences). Once back in CA, the court might set bail depending upon the charges against your friend -- otherwise he must stay in jail until his trial date is set and the trial complete. If he is found guilty he will then be transported back to WA to face any remaining charges up there and if those charges have already been taken care of then he will stay in CA to begin his sentence if ther is jail time involved.

-

Please let me know if you have any further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time assisting you tonight. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the fourth or fifth star to the right of the middle star above in the ratings section. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you tonight. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!

-

MARY

Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, please feel free to ask any follow up questions that you may have, Pressing a positive rating will insure that I am credited for my time assisting you this evening. I am paid nothing unless you press the middle star or the third or fourth button to the right of the middle button in the star rating section above. THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!