Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I had a break failure that caused me to Choose to leave the

Customer Question

I had a break failure that caused me to Choose to leave the road rather than hitting other vehicles. This resulted in a single vehicle no injury accident. I was writen a failure to control ticket orc 4511.202. I would like to challenge this as i have a clear driving record and would like to keep it this way. Is this worth trying to defend?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: ohio
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Citations like this turn on subjectivity, because it is your word against the word of the officer that issued the citation.....and that can be difficult to overcome as most judges are going to take the side of the officer.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Thus, in order to prevail, you'll have to prove that the citation was improperly given based on the facts of the case. Here's a link to the statute: http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4511.202