How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26420
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lied in my statement to police and now my partner is in

Customer Question

I lied in my statement to police and now my partner is in jail and being charged with assault on me whixh he didnt do. !:( iwas comung off of drugs and i was extrenely volatile and hurr myself and told polucr it was my partner. Who do i go to to tell tbem i lied abd will the charges agaunst him be dropped ?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Western Australia. And about a month ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet i dont kniw where to go or whoto talk to
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My partnee and i are still together. Hes in jail at thr moment but is in courr today for these charges. I lied alot in my statement and i was very under tge influenxe of narcotics when ny statement was taken. I basically used my partnee as my ticket away from that life. Now he is in jail
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

Talk to your partner's lawyer and tell him that you wish to recant your testimony. He can tell that to the court and the DA.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 11 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.