Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I lied in my statement to police and now my partner is in

Customer Question

I lied in my statement to police and now my partner is in jail and being charged with assault on me whixh he didnt do. !:( iwas comung off of drugs and i was extrenely volatile and hurr myself and told polucr it was my partner. Who do i go to to tell tbem i lied abd will the charges agaunst him be dropped ?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Western Australia. And about a month ago
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet i dont kniw where to go or whoto talk to
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: My partnee and i are still together. Hes in jail at thr moment but is in courr today for these charges. I lied alot in my statement and i was very under tge influenxe of narcotics when ny statement was taken. I basically used my partnee as my ticket away from that life. Now he is in jail
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Talk to your partner's lawyer and tell him that you wish to recant your testimony. He can tell that to the court and the DA.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.