LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

Last october there was an allegation against me and i spoke

Customer Question

last october there was an allegation against me and i spoke with a detective at the bonney lake police department but havent heard anything since then so, i am trying to find out if there is anything pending or any status at all with it
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: washington state, pierce county, bonney lake and it happened october 2015
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no bc i didnt know if i even needed one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: actually no
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While you can always contact the police and speak to the officer you dealt with almost a year ago, that probably is not necessary.

If you were spoken with because you were possible a suspect in a case and nothing at all has happened since that time, you can almost assuredly presume that you were found not to be a credible suspect and that was probably all you will ever hear of the issue.

With the exception of very serious crimes such as murder, rarely is a potential suspect interviewed and then not charged very soon thereafter. The case has in all likelihood been closed as to you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug