Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Get records

Customer Question

get records
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Can you please be a little more specific? What list, what records, and what are you attempting to achieve here?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wrote letter to get copy ofmy court records they said theyh could not find them
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Please tell me:

1) What court is this specifically?

2) What year are the records from? Is this civil or criminal?

3) What are you trying to do with the records once you get them?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
wayne county 1996 criminal get removed from sex list
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your call request. The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts receive the request as well, and they may agree to the call. They will also have your question and my replies to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

Meanwhile, we can continue on this thread until you get the call. What was the conviction for, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2nd sex
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. One last question. When you were convicted of Second Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct, were you required to register for 25 years, or, life? Or, not sure?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
25 years changed to life
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Last question - I promise. Do you remember what TIER you had? Tier I, II, or III? I am guessing Tier II, but I want to be sure.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
teir 2
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. You can find the petition and instructions on removal HERE. If you cannot get the records from the court (which is a bit unusual), then someone from your situation may wish to state so in their petition and at least wants to get a certified copy from the state, see:

mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2.html

michigan.gov/msp/0,4643,7-123-1878_8311---,00.html

Note that these websites may redirect you elsewhere to get the records.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I believe ther are things in there that could cause them problems I sent a request to kim worthy they sent me a letter thaty they coudnot find them at the time I have no idea what was in them they offer me 5 years probation at the time I was having problemso I took it
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.
I am sorry, but I am not quite sure I understand your follow up. Please reword it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I belive they with held information from
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

They would/should not do so - the state would have no reason to do so.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they never showed me anything in my file ever it was a nothing case they offer me 5 years probation or 2 to 5 prioson both which not legal
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Robert,

I am no longer sure what you are asking here. Please, respond in coherent sentences - thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I belive that is why they cnt find my recores
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Robert,

With respect, I highly doubt that there is a conspiracy going back to 1996 to withhold records from you because they did not provide all the proper steps in a plea deal back in 1996. It is more likely that the record may have been lost, which does happen.

Regardless, it is now pretty much impossible to set aside a 1996 conviction, I am afraid. However if eligible, you can still remove yourself from the sex registry.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how much will carge to get copy of my records and get me removed
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

I am afraid that JustAnswer experts cannot take customers on as clients. Thus I must decline, but thank you.