Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My family has two court ordered restraining orders against a

Customer Question

My family has two court ordered restraining orders against a violent federal offender (her ex boyfriend who abused her). An officer just led him and his friend in her car to our front door and said he has a "court order" to collect his things from our property. He was allowed to get out of the car and walk around. He tried to put the dog that my daughter has custody of in the car. He had no right in the first place to store any of his things here, he was my daughters ex boyfriend and she brought his things here from the van he was living in (which belonged to her and was finally towed and salvaged). We had no warning this was going to happen. We really feel that our TWO restraining orders are USELESS. He has violated them by contacting her on the phone, getting in our car, and never had to pay any consequences. Now this. My home is my sanctuary, but not while he is terrorizing us. Yesterday we attended his court hearing (2 felony counts and one misdemeanor regarding my daughter) and his ploy was to ask the judge for 8 more weeks to find a new lawyer. She granted him 6 weeks. The police always become his buddy because he is so charismatic. We know he's a psychopath. What can we do to be rid of him?????
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Do you still need assistance?