Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

What can you do stop police profiling on you

Customer Question

what can you do stop police profiling on you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

If the police stop you once or twice, they arguably could have a legitimate reason for it, but if it starts happening routinely, this is harassment and it's a violation of your civil rights.

You can report the incidents to the officers' superiors, to the local chief of police and/or to Internal Affairs and your state attorney general to lodge a complaint against them and get their conduct investigated.

If after that they keep coming back and as a direct result of this you can show damages from the police conduct, you have the makings of a civil law suit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 4 months ago.

Phone calls are a premium service requiring an additional fee. I will send you the information, which you can accept if you want a call. Otherwise, you can just ignore the offer and we will have to communicate here on this question thread.