LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience

I've been trying to get my stuff from my ex girlfriends

Customer Question

I've been trying to get my stuff from my ex girlfriends house for 6 months and she is unwilling to let me pick it up. What should I do?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I'm in California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I haven't. I was told to file a grievance. I have no idea what I'm doing
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The last time I went over to try to get my stuff. She called the cops on me for knocking on her door
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I'm just tired of trying to get ahold of her
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney.

After all this time you really have little recourse but to go to the courts, file a lawsuit for Replevin (the return of your property) and get a court order that she must return your property to you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 months ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

If I have already provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,